Wednesday, July 20, 2011

NEWSFLASH!!

WE'RE HAVIN' A HEATWAVE!!!
So, of course I'm going to show you knitting stuff...
KAL Project #1 completed by four knitting friends:
Same project (Koigu Linen Stitch Scarf**sorry, computer won't let me link!**); different yarns...aren't they wonderful?
KAL Project #2 started by the same four knitting friends:
(Fiddlehead Mittens**still no link!**) in 40 C weather! We're nuts!!
I don't have this one lined yet, but some of the others in the group are working these mittens two at a time; either on the same needles or a little bit of one and then a little bit of the other.
We plan on a photo shoot at the completion of this KAL too.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I haven't been a very consistent blogger over the past few months...I had great intentions at the beginning of the year...be advised, however, that I will likely not be posting over the next couple of weeks as the family holiday will begin in approximately 48 hours.
I've done little to nothing in preparation for this holiday and thought that today, I better get things moving!
First?
Wind the yarn that I'm planning to use.
Cascade 220 for Christmas presents.
Did I mention 40 C? 48 C, with the humidex forecast for tomorrow!
Yeah, gimme some o' that Cascade 220!!

2 comments:

thatdarncat said...

Lovely mitten, but he looks lonely. I hope he has some company soon.
Enjoy your holiday.

irememberpasta said...

Here's hoping you brought a small electric fan with you. Beautiful yarn, beautiful knitting. Why let a little heat stop you? Okay, a lot of heat...but as you said...Christmas is coming!