Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Looking Back/Looking Forward

Thank-you for your kind words and thoughtful wishes. It's always hard to loose a pet.

I did also mention that I was Celebrating my own kind of anniversary and I thought I would share with you just what that looked like. This year.

First, you check into a hotel/resort ALL BY YOURSELF and walk briskly to the Spa for your Pedicure that you're actually just on time for (which really means, you're late).
Then you go to your room, and enjoy the surprise fact that they've given you the King bed that you wanted, but had been told that you would get two Queens. Of course this is the cue for the photo op. I have a wreath sticker on both big toes and the polish colour is called..."Don't Toy With Me". At least 50% of my decision as to what colour of polish to wear is based on the name.

After that, one must unpack and set up for the two night stay of knitting time that will only be interrupted by Spa time.

It was pointed out to me that I (again) brought more projects that I could ever complete in two days. (My son had to carry the luggage to the car for me!) I brought the "Must complete" project, along with the "should get that done for her" project, followed by the "should make that for him" yarn, and let's not forget the "who this getaway is actually for" projects that include two WIP for 'moi', one with a good two year seniority on the other, finer, recently cast on sweater. Some magazines and books were also included should I find myself needing something else to do.
hahahahaha!!
I did, however, in my rush to get out the door, forget to bring wine.
I KNOW!!! I hate it when that happens.

Thank goodness for room service. Note: I did not forget the chocolate---thanks mom and dad!
Here's something I learned during my little adventure:
If you stay up until 1 o'clock in the morning the night before your planned getaway catching up on the shows you've PVRd over the past few days and procrastinate packing until the day you are going to leave and then rush around trying to get just a couple of more things done before you go, rush out the door, having only eaten...I think it was a granola bar...drive for an hour in fog and rain, go directly to your pedicure, check into your room and at 3-3:30 realize that you haven't eaten anything substantial all day, but don't want to spoil your dinner (yea, I'm a mom) and you order a lovely cheese platter with a glass of Chianti and sit back to enjoy said platter while knitting a pretty simple little lace pattern on the cuff of your recently cast on sweater (see list above). It doesn't matter how much water or tea you drink...
you're gonna need a nap.
And when you wake up from the much needed nap, you will then have to rip out that lovely little lace pattern and do it over before more wine comes with dinner.
Just, you know, if you find yourself in a similar situation; then you'll know what to expect.

I didn't complete the "MUST COMPLETE" project, but was able to complete it when I got home so that I could send it off to the "Think Outside the Sox" contest being held by XRX Inc. and Knitters Magazine. I've been planning my entries since the spring and wanted to work within my stash to enter some designs. I only had to purchase one skein for one category (and well, another 'replacement' ball when I fudged the first design), but over all was pleased with how things were going. I was set to send two pair along (having initially thought I would get five out there), so I went on line to down load more entry forms, confirm that the entries would be accepted with a 'postmarked by December 31, 2008' status and was surprised to see that they've extended the deadline until January 31st, 2009! You know what that means, don't you?



December 30th I swatch and December 31st I cast on.
BRING ON 2009!!

No comments: