Monday, April 11, 2011

Mondays! What's not to love?!

***Apparently we're back to having a post with one run on sentence after another with no paragraph breaks!! Sorry about that---I don't know why or how to make it look like the way I typed it, which is a post with paragraphs!*** Hey there! I had a wonderful weekend and now a great start to the week and by all accounts it's gonna be a busy one! I took my daughter to a dance competition in Barrie on the weekend and everybody did really well! It wasn't far away, so we were able to come home and relax before we were back at it. Most competitions are quite intense with basically too much estrogen floating around in a limited space, but we had plenty of space and not too many studios competing; so all in all, a nice quiet (in the loud tapping and pounding music kind of way) mother-daughter bonding time. Speaking of mother-daughter bonding...I have more Disney photos! Anybody remember Tinker Toys? Half the fun of going on the rides at Disney is waiting in the lines! We used the Fast Pass a few times, but honestly, you miss out on some really fun stuff if you avoid the lines. They're pretty smart down there at Disney. I loved the Toy Story movies and had a great time trying to see all the different elements they brought to the ride. Hollywood Studios was a really fun park; you get to pretend to be a kid and you feel like one too with all the giant sized toys! O.K. here's another Artsy-Fartsy photo and this one was taken at Epcot. I wanted to tell you why today was so nice. I got to have lunch with some of my knitting friends and then we went to visit one of our LYS. We rarely get to do this and it was just wonderful to get to spend more time with these wonderful ladies. We always laugh and support each other in all aspects of our lives and even though we've all promised over and over again to not let each other buy more yarn, because none of us (especially me) need more yarn. We just love and accept each other for our yarn buying weaknesses. I was the only one who fell...well, it wasn't really a fall...more like a trip, because I only bought a little...and it was on sale...and some roving for spinning... but I won't be going to the Frolic and from what I understood there will be some---not a lot, but some---stash enhancement there. We talked about getting together to work on our own Knit-along (separate from our usual knit night; not instead of!) Maybe we could work on some new skills or maybe..... Finish a UFO!! Now that would be something! Here's one last photo for today... I call it, "Hippos Underwater". I've got lots to keep me busy over the next couple of weeks, but I'll try to keep the pictures coming and I hope that even when you're busy you'll find time to spend with your friends; honestly, there is nothing like it.

2 comments:

thatdarncat said...

What's not to love, indeed!
Lunch was a treat. It was great to spend time with our group. We'll miss you at the Frolic, and you can be sure that at least one of us will fall down.

Keep the pictures coming.

thatdarncat said...

Knock, Knock.

Uh, Hello??

Hello?

Anybody there?

It's lonely here.

Signed,
Your blog