Wednesday, November 7, 2007

More about Friends

The weekend was another resounding success!! Lots of wine, women and.... song? Well, maybe just the wine and women. (Our hostesses husband was there a lot of the time, but severely outnumbered!)
Anyway, we went shopping!!
First we stopped at this cool nut place called Picards; I have never heard of it, but definatley think that it should become a family outing, at least for my gang!
Then we went to Joseph's winery. I've been visiting friends in this area for years and have heard about this winery, but never taken the time to stop. Make the time people!! We didn't go for a tour, but the layout was spacious and inviting and the staff extremely helpful. So J and I stocked up on a few of our favourites. :o)
D then packed us into her car and took us to The Knitting Habit in Niagara Falls; (just a note here, that we are not all knitters; these are the kind of friends that take you to a yarn store, go in to see what all the fuss is about and then patiently wait in the car for you to finish your foraging) there was a Clearance Sale! They're closing the store to operate solely online; so I got me some Alpaca Cashmere Tweed to make this...
There's a lovely lace insert in the back; I usually don't like to work detail on a back, because, I won't get to notice it, and often it's cables (uncomfortable) or intarsia (too much work), but this just seemed like a nice balance to the simple front.
And there was some lovely Merino Lace from Skacel and while I'm slowly making progress on the Mystery Stole (that's no longer a mystery) I really do enjoy the whole beading thing and think that this yarn will look wonderful with some beads to make this...
It's from the new Vogue and there are beads (you just can't tell) and the yarn isn't quite that flourescent, but a very cheerful choral!
So after helping reduce their inventory (yes, transit knitter I picked something up for you!) we went for lunch. Now, I'm not sure what direction we headed or when, but we drove under the Welland Canal; THAT WAS COOL!! {You know, it honestly doesn't take that much to excite us/me; so why is it so difficult for some people to think of something?} We stopped at a nice restaurant near Brock University and solved a few of the world's problems over lunch. There are very few things that can't be made better while 'doing lunch' with your friends. We skipped dessert (saving room for dinner!) and headed off to another of my requests. A quilt shop in St. Catherine's had been featured in a quilting magazine and I wanted to check it out; so the four (two wannabequilters and two little-to-no-interest-in-fabricites) descended upon Gone To Pieces and it was lovely!! The displays were inviting and the staff, again, pleasant and helpful and so I bought this...

It's a charm pack in a tin and a book to give you an idea of what to do with charm packs! I love charm packs...and now I've got some ideas to actually use them for something besides fanning them and thinking how lovely they are!

Again, friends...they'll look after you, take you to where you want to go and share in your happiness; thank-you my friends. I hope that I can do the same for you.

Friends also share your pain.

I've lit a candle for a special little boy that's fighting a terrible battle, and when the candle isn't burning I ask Carole to watch over him. W and his family, his whole family, are in our prayers.

No comments: