Friday, March 28, 2008

Good Day-Bad Day; Who Can Keep Up?

O.K. so It's a sunny, cool, but sunny and at this point that's what keeping us all alive; the chance of sunlight beaming down upon us!
My husband is heading out for the weekend with some buddies and I hope he has a good time.
YEA!!! A WEEEKEND WITH THE BED TO MYSELF!!!
I really do hope that he has a good time. Really.
O.K. It's sunny, looking forward to the weekend...because I've made some plans of my own...and I have the best friends that help me make those plans happen when M is working or away. So yea, sunny, good weekend...
I have an appointment this morning and while things usually run on time, I've been caught before and feel quite proud of myself that I brought along my knitting (much to my daughter's chagrin)
Good thing! The office is packed; bit of a wait anticipated.

Bad thing---I only have enough yarn to not even complete one row!!! Boy, I feel like a goof. Shares a bit of my level of self esteem when I can beat myself up for not having enough yarn when sitting in a doctors office!

Last night after 8 long weeks, I was able to get back to my knitting group.

I love my knitting group.

And because it was a special night (well to me it was) I also joined them for dinner.

Good thing! Dinner was delicious, wine was enjoyable and the company was some of the best that I've ever had.

Good thing, again! The kids, house and pets all survived the evening. (not like they haven't before, but I felt more uneasy about it this time)

Good thing #3 I had cast on my sock for the Yarn Harlot book launch, using, for the first time, my Knit Pick Harmony DPN and was happy with my choice of yarn and the quality of the needles.

Bad thing---I didn't sleep well because I kept changing my mind about what yarn to use. I KNOW I'm not the only one that has this kind of sleep disturbance issue!

Bad thing---Pending TTC strike that is set to totally screw up any attempt that my friends and I would make to attend the above mentioned book launch, sock scavenger hunt and plain knitting tomfoolery!!

Bad thing #3---I don't like the cast on for my sock and FROG the puppy!

So I come home, first stopping to make sure that the van has a full tank of gas, because I really do want him to have a good time and having someone leave you a full tank of gas is a caring gesture...(self esteem punch one more time...he left me half a tank...better than empty); right, back to knitting. I come home and don't want to end the evening with less knitting accomplished than before I left.

I make a cup of tea (Masters Choice Bedtime; quite soothing).

I take my knitting up to bed; I've only done this like 3 times in my life.

I knit away, drink tea, watch reruns of sitcoms that I like.

I don't love my cast on, but think that I can live with it better than the other one and you know, maybe after more of the sock is done it'll work out o.k.

Knitter=optimist; I don't care what ANYBODY says!!!

Good thing! I knit to a nice place to stop; I finish my tea; I'm relaxed...

Bad thing---I don't sleep well worrying about hidden messages and actions (see self esteem) AND even more importantly: trying to figure out how to deal with that cast on that I don't like!

Good thing! This morning I figured out how I can fix my problem with a simple design adjustment (which I like better).

Bad thing---This morning I make my bed---(it happens)---and I find....


HALF OF A DPN!!! A broken Knit Pick Harmony DPN!!! The first time I used them!!!
Luckily Knit Picks saw this one coming and sent an extra needle along with the set and that's great; I really appreciate their thoughtfulness, but what I'm really worried about is...

I can't find the other half.

Great, another sleepless night!

2 comments:

transitknitter said...

You are so funny. I hope you enjoy the aloneness and come to grips with your sock. And yes knitters are definitely optimists.

Enjoy!!!!

Creativehands said...

Update!!!
I went to round up some more laundry to do---I know, "while the cat's away..."
I found the other half of the needle.
It was on the floor on my husband's side of the bed.
I blame him.