Monday, September 27, 2010

Random, Rapid Fire, Catchup! Part I

There are three posts here people! I shut out the world (after my husband went back to work) and got the pictures and vignettes that I wanted out there! I have now also realized that my daughter stayed late after school for Cross Country practice and I have to go get her...so here we go!
1) I made this apron for my dear friend Sam who had a special birthday last week... I'm not saying how many, but I think you'll be able to figure it out. The apron is reversible and I'd like to thank the Castoffs for their help in helping me work out the finishing details.
2) AND THIS IS WHY I DECIDED TO POST TODAY!!! The Yarn Harlot is reorganizing and wondered what the rest of us did with our knitting books, ie. how they were sorted. Mine are kind of by subject and so I thought I'd show you how it all looks.

This lone one is on my desk, my recently ie. yesterday, cleaned off and laptop usable desk. I hadn't seen the book for a while (see: yesterday, cleaned off) and wanted to keep it close so that it doesn't wander off again.

These are my newest additions that haven't really made it up to where I thought I might be keeping ALL my knitting books...oh, looks like there's a few none knitting books there too...


These are my magazines and leaflet type books. They live alongside yarn. It makes everyone happy. The magazines are filed by type, ie. Vogue, Knitter, Interweave Knits, etc. and on a good day in order; they are only filed here after they've been replaced on my table by the current issue.

Here's my official knitting book shelf. Funny, I remember it being fuller. I guess I should move some of the others into the open spaces here.
I also have a shelf in another bookcase where my knitting fiction lives. That's where the Yarn Harlot books are too. All of them. Autographed.
I have way too much stuff, but if there's one thing that that Hoarder show does do, besides make you want to reorganize. It's makes you realize that you don't really have a problem; those other people? They have a problem.
Now, if you'll excuse me. I have to go get my daughter and grab some knitting...on 4.5mm Signature Needles!



2 comments:

thatdarncat said...

Wow, 3 posts!! What a nice way to start my morning. A good read, with my oatmeal.

I love the shawl, and the scarf. Beautiful FO's. Don't forget to share your "wicked" glove.

See ya!

transitknitter said...

Wow, just back from lunch and some yummy reading to start my afternoon.

Would love to see some of the items in person.

Sigh....