Wednesday, October 6, 2010

And a One, And a...

As promised, here is the Shell from Knitter's Summer 2010 K99 issue. I'm using the specified yarn and have even gone with 2 of the 4 recommended colours! If the store had had the other 2 I would've gone with them too! I'm using my Signature Needles and loving the whole experience!
This is my "go to project" while I'm catching up on Glee episodes. I can knit and tap my feet to the music! I'm a total Gleek and proud of it!

TWO!!



I've completed the second repeat on Seascape, a whole four days ahead of schedule!

This is turning out to be a pretty easy-going pattern. Notice I did not say easy pattern, that would just be tempting the knitting gods too much, but 'easy-going', as in, I was able to take it to an appointment I had yesterday and knit away, using the chart and all, without screwing it up! I found another knitter in the waiting room, a nice lady named Pat (What is it with me and knitting and Pats?) and we entertained ourselves (and a few others too) knitting away in the corner until our names were called. I owe her $5 because I got called first, even though she was there before me. At least that's what she said, we did not shake hands on it or anything. ;o)

Since you now know that row 23 is my favourite row, I thought you might be interested in my second favourite row...it's row #1. These two rows have straight forward knits, yarn overs and k2tog and SSK decreases. I love SSK; it's such a sweet decrease. A stitch that just gets me swooning, however, is a 'Centre Double Decrease'! OOOhhhh, I just get so excited to work those and with this pattern I get to do six on every right side row!

Some of my favourite stitches combined with some of my favourite yarn? No wonder I'm making such good progress!

2 comments:

Maria said...

You're crazy! I mean that with the utmost respect.

thatdarncat said...

Very pretty!
You are going to be one fashionable chick on the beach in Mexico!