Monday, February 27, 2012

TIME!?!

Where does it go and why isn't there ever enough of it?
I want to get a post in here, but I have list upon list to complete today! So here goes and let's hope it all goes smoothly.

First of all, Yup, I had a birthday this weekend.


Yup, I fully intend to live by the above rule.

Yup, although I was assured that it was only going to be The Red Hot Mama's at our monthly dinner on Saturday night, there was a Surprise Party with many of my nearest and dearest in attendance. I was a little shakey out of the gate, but with such wonderful people in the room it was soon easy to settle into an evening filled with fun, love and laughter.


Because I still haven't grown up (see above) I was excited about presents!



There was yarn and pampering gifts. Lots of pampering gifts!!

A little light reading...with some wonderful editing done by EK.


The Red Hot Mama's have started a tradition that for the Milestone Birthdays (although 40 is the only other milestone anybody has celebrated) we put together a basket filled with the birthday girl's favourite things. The presentation was lovely, the contents beyond thoughtful and so of course...


....there was chocolate and coffee. (Sorry, I forgot to flip the photo...it's all about time!)


So that was Saturday. Photos of people were few and far between...we had phones, but no cameras...because it was Ladies' Night!!

In the week leading up to my birthday my daughter had asked me what I wanted for my birthday?

ANGRY BIRDS T-SHIRT!

That she could make and that didn't cost money?

....I like Brownies.....

So there were some Brownie baking practice runs; a Saturday full of, "DON'T COME IN THE KITCHEN!!!"

And last night, after dinner, I made a wish and blew out a candle on my birthday present from my daughter.
Isn't that great?!?!?

I'm so lucky to have her in my life.

{Will somebody please remind me of this the next time I'm ready to sell her to a bunch of Gypsy's to make soap?}

4 comments:

thatdarncat said...

I'm sorry I missed the fun. I hope you were surprised, and had a fun, and wonderful evening.

Happy Birthday again.

irememberpasta said...

Such an adorable cake! A nice surprise if you thought you were getting the usual brownies. So glad you were surprised and I'm grateful to have been a small part of it.

Honeybunch1 said...

And again, Happy 50th my dear!! So sorry I missed the party - being away for a few days, but I was thinking of you on this very special date!! Hope you had a blast!!

Kris said...

I love that cake, and I am not showing it to my boys, as they will make me make that cake.