Monday, June 2, 2008

Only 24 More Sleeps

Hello again. Well I survived the weekend, didn't get wet and didn't have anymore horror visions. Thanks for asking.


I had a footnote to my last post, but decided to wait until today to post it and make this blog a little more interactive and fun!


I was inspired by a few knitters (some I know personally and some only through cyber space) to:


1) see how many of you are lurkers and not so much commenters.


2) further explore and share my creativity


3) Declutter :o)





Once again I refer you to the Yarn Harlot where at the close of her post (on a subject very near and dear to all of our hearts....yarn selection...I just get giddy thinking about it!) she is inundated with opinions. 1354 comments!!!

I get excited if I get 3.

Now, I'm no Yarn Harlot (in a writer level of achievement sort of way---totally can give her a run for her money is the Yarn department though!), but I've had a couple of unknowns (is that the proper way to address new commenters on your blog?) and have left comments myself here and there and am wondering just how many lurkers I may have?



Another blog where I've enjoyed the almost daily posts and pictures (Lucy is a beautiful cat!), encouraged us to try our hand at poetry; not just any poetry, Haiku Poetry!

Wendy Knits

Oh that was fun! I spent most of the evening and part of my night (and I wonder why I have nightmares) creating my entry into her contest. Since I didn't make the first cut, I thought I would share it with you now.

Ahem,



Summer Haiku



Long days of summer

More time to knit socks and mice;

Cats wait patiently.



I was pretty pleased with myself, but I must admit there's one or two that did make the cut that are going to get my vote!



Now, an update:

To all Cast Offs....I found my "Knitting on the Edge" book (right where I left it in the last place I looked!) hehehehe



******Most important update!!******



24 more sleeps until Knitting Camp!!!!



So here's my footnote. Last Friday I got a phone call from one of the gals at Camp Stitches (sorry I didn't get her name, because...) and my first thought was, "Oh NO! It's cancelled!" See how I'm always expecting the best in things? Anyway, not quite cancelled, but the class that I had signed up for was. Just "Bead" It!! Cancelled.

The nice young girl on the other end of the phone asked if there was another class that I would like to choose?

Here are my choices (as listed on the brochure).

1) Design Socks like a Pro - Cat Bordhi

2) Entrelac: from the Beginning to Endless Possibilities - Gwen Bortner

3) Stash Away Island - Christine Bylsma

4) The Elements of Design - Lily Chin

5) Seven Things that can "Make or Break" a Sweater - Margaret Fisher

6) Just "Bead" It!! - Betsy Hershberg....maybe next year.

7) Japanese Knitting Techniques - Maureen Mason-Jamieson

8) Ouroborus Garment - Debbie New

9) The Total Garment from Start to Finish - Judy Pascale

10) Colour (Canadian spelling) Recipes and Remedies - Merike Saarniit

11) Fair Isle: Everything You Need to Know - Candace Eisner Strick



Quite a list isn't it? There is some knitting royalty listed there and the knowledge that will be available to me is incredible!!



So which one do you think I chose?



Now, because some of my Cast Offs are my most loyal readers and have a bit of an inside track as to which class I may (nobody knows for sure though) have selected, I will pool all the correct guesses on Thursday June 5, (because Thursday is still the best day of the week!) and select one. The winner of the draw will receive a copy of.....

"Debbie Bliss Cotton Knits for all Seasons"!!!

TaaaaDaaaa!

My first contest!

Remember....only 24 more sleeps!!

2 comments:

Cotton Picker said...

1,354 comments for Yarn Harlot? Do you think she reads them all? When would she find the time to knit?

I don't know who's who in the knitting world but I vote for Merike Saarniit solely because of her very Estonian name (I am Estonian, LOL).

Unknown said...

Well, in the spirit of Haiku, I'll cast a vote for Japenese Knitting Techniques.

Of course the Stash Away Island might be beneficial.

But, then again I don't think you got what you were looking for from the class at the Frolic, so maybe I'll vote for the Ouroborus Garment.
Yes, definitely the Ouroborus Garment.