Friday, January 28, 2011

Constant Contradictions

O.K. I need the Glee Cast to put together a Mash-Up of "Hallelujah" and "I'm So Excited!"

Does that sound wrong?

I have tried several times to get this post up. The. Pictures. Would. Not. Load.

AARrrrggghhhhh.

Yesterday, I just shut down the computer, put it in a time out and walked away. Today, while my will was tested once more, we are up and ready to go. So here's my story.



My life is full of Contradictions; so full in fact, that I was struck, all week, by how constant they truly are.

I have many knitting magazines. Too many knitting magazines.




Those are only the ones that made it to the bookshelf.

And so on these cold and dreary January days I find myself going to the mailbox hoping against hope that there will be a knitting magazine waiting to brighten my day.

There have been no knitting magazines; so then I found myself in Chapters...




I thought I only bought three; turns out I bought four. You'll see more of one of these soon...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have too much fabric. I need to sew from my stash. My stash is too big. I need to pare down.

So I start a quilt for my nieces birthday. I manage to simplify my design idea to something that doesn't make my head hurt. After completing the top I thought, "Great. Now I just need to buy backing, batting and binding," which doesn't really help with the whole "using up stash" concept.




(Guess what my niece's name is? And the first two don't count!) Wait a minute though...I had found some accent border fabric in one part of the stash; maybe if I searched another part I would be able to find some backing. There must be something somewhere...

AND THEN SHE DELETED THE PHOTO!!! GEEZ!!!!

O.K. Back again...sigh....


Here is some fabric that I had bought for the same niece another time; found in another area of the stash.


Why Not? While I'm not sure how keen she really is on The White Pig in the Red Dress, I know she still like Princesses. I even found some fabric for the binding.

Yay!! I just need to get batting and that seemed pretty reasonable.

So, for not needing so much stash, it actually came in handy.

Another contradiction associated with this one and I'm sure I'm not alone, is that I don't have a lot of time to complete this. Today is her birthday and Sunday is the party.

So, I'll quickly baste = not enough basting and I'll machine quilt = not faster even if it sounds faster. For one thing, I've had to rip out and try to re-quilt some areas because I wasn't happy with how the backing looked. You know, same old, same old, "More Hurry, Less Speed". I used to visit a patient that would say that to me, and that was back before I had a family to look after!

I don't have enough time to do things I want to do. I won't live long enough to knit all the yarn and sew all the fabric and bead all the beads and design all the designs that I have in my room and in my head.



So why does the universe keep putting things like this in front of me? Doesn't that doll look like she'd be fun to make? (You should see her friends!) And look! When I went to get the batting some stash replacement; not enhancement, came home with me too.


I think I'll just try to accept the contradictions, take each wave as it comes and enjoy the journey. It seems that the only constants are the contradictions, but the journey, that's where the excitement is...if you let it.

YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE IS A CONTRADICTION?

COMPUTERS AND THE INTERNET MAKING LIFE EASIER AND GETTING THINGS DONE FASTER!! THIS POST USED UP ABOUT 4 (MAYBE MORE) HOURS OF MY LIFE!!!

Thanks for dropping by.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that you just need more shelves then you wouldn't have too many magazines. Not that I really think that you have too many - I'll have to take a pic of my magazine collection.

The doll does look adorable!!

Yosemite said...

I agree with Wannietta. You can never have too many magazines.

I'm guessing the doll is from a Jean Greenhowe book?

Not much spinning going on in my life right now. I've been busy knitting for the grandkids. Now my daughter wants socks. The wheels will come out of moth balls eventually.