Wednesday, January 12, 2011

How About This For A Change?

KNITTING ON A KNITTING BLOG!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**I would like to take this opportunity to send a Shout Out to all my hard working friends who read knitting blogs while hard at work.
Yay Multi-Tasking!!**
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I last posted I showed you a hat in progress, hoping to improve my 0.5 for 4 stats.
Well, here's the hat, my first FO of 2011. And my stats?

0.5 for 5!!

Yup, a hat, a pair of socks and it's 2 or 3 sweaters that I rarely, if ever see worn.

Good thing I enjoy knitting! Good thing I have stash! So I will try again....someday.

But NOT today!

This is a pair of socks that I started for my Mother-In-Law who will be visiting next month. Apparently there's something in the air that made this yarn jump out of my stash and onto my needles. Mmmm.

The pattern is Socks for Grandpa (with an aside to "make some for Grandma [or Baka] too.") from Creative Knitting January 2011. The colour is actually prettier here than in real life; thank goodness for the blue, is all I can say.
I've also made progress on my JSS cape.

You know, knitting is a patient, kind and wonderful thing. No matter how you're feeling, happy or sad; healthy or a little yucky, it's there ready and willing to help you through whatever you're going through. I love knitting.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So while my time on the computer hasn't been spent updating this blog, I do check my blogging friends daily---actually, several times a day. There's been some interesting topics over the past few days. Glenna, over at Knitting to Stay Sane spoke of Do Overs and was my inspiration to revisit a summer cardigan that I started 3-4 years ago.



A cardigan using Blue Sky Aplaca's Cotton. I completed the back in no time; managed to get the right front done (as you can see from my cute tags), but ended up ripping it out because the pattern didn't match at the shoulders. This was a "Thank Goodness for Ravelry" moment, as I found out that there was an error in the pattern for the right front and not the entire back. See? Good thing. I only had to rip out half a front and not a whole back. It's also a good thing because there's a big chunk of this sweater already done. It will knit up quickly and will do just nicely for my next trip...in March...

Wait and see...

3 comments:

thatdarncat said...

Busted! I know to whom that shout out is directed.
No names mentioned of course.

The hat turned out great. It should definitely be a keeper.

Good for you to revisit a UFO. Good luck with the re-work.

Unknown said...

You're off to a gang-buster knitting start to the year!! Love the colour of the BSA cotton!

Maria said...

So glad you're enjoying the miters! I'd love to do another project from that book.